Last Updated on March 16, 2021.
Phoenix OS is an Android Emulator (and Alternative to Bluestacks for PC, Mac, and Linux) developed and marketed by a Chinese company Beijing Chaozhuo Technology Co., Ltd. The beta version of Phoenix OS Android Emulator was launched 5 years ago in December 2015.
PhoenixOS is better known as an Alternative to RemixOS whose development was stopped in 2017.
Phoenix OS is available for Windows and Mac only. For Linux users there many alternatives to Bluestacks for Linux or to PhoenixOS such as:-
The current version 18.104.22.1684 of Phoenix OS is based on Android 7.1 and was launched in 28/08/2019. Download PhoenixOS for Windows PC and download Phoenix OS for both Windows PC and Mac. Phoenix OS Android Emulator is one of the best Bluestacks alternatives for PC to play Android Games on PC.
What is Phoenix OS?
Phoenix OS is known for its capability to allow you play most of the Android games on PC and Mac.
Phoenix OS inherits many of its features and functions from Android-X86 Emulator and also supports millions of mainstream Android applications. It can be installed on PC Windows 10/8/7 and Mac.
- Google Play Games
- WPS Office
- Alto’s Adventure
- Turbo Dismount for PC
- Free Fire for PC
- PUBG Mobile for PC
Watch the video below to get an introduction to Phoenix OS Android Emulator for PC.
What are the Features of Phoenix OS Android Emulator for PC?
Phoenix OS has many features:-
Multitasking / Multiwindow
This feature is very practical and useful as Phoenix OS Android Emulator for PC allows you to open multiple windows of different (or same) apps so that you can do different tasks in different apps. e.g. writing a note while chatting.
High Storage / Download Large Files
Download heavy files, more than 4 GB, using any mobile browser such as UC Browser for PC etc.
Game Helper / Octopus
Octopus is an app which you can download and install within Phoenix OS Android Emulator for PC which allows you to play Android Games on your PC and Mac using gamepads, mouse, and keyboards.
You can easily access the advanced gaming keyboard or gamepad modes such as:-
- Hit & Run
Also, Octopus is highly customizable so that you can create your own key combos.
Watch the video below to know other features of Phoenix OS Android Emulator for PC.
Start Menu with File Manager
Phoenix OS Android Emulator for PC comes with a full-fledged start menu like Windows 10 operating system along with a dedicated file manager.
How to download and install Phoenix OS on Windows PC?
Downloading and installing Phoenix OS Android Emulator on your PC is easy and you can do following steps as below:-
- Download the .exe setup file from its download page
- Once the download completes after downloading the setup file which is approx 464 MB; double-click on it to run the setup program
- Select “Install to Hard Disk” from the options presented
- Make sure you have an empty hard disk partition with capacity of 4.5 GB atleast to install Phoenix OS Android Emulator for PC on it. if you don’t have then you can goto Windows Disk Partitioner and create a new partition from your existing empty space on your computer’s hard disk
- Select the hard disk partition created in above step, and grab a cuppa or something because it’s gonna take a little while to install Phoenix OS Android Emulator on your PC. Note:- Setup requires administrator rights. In case of any problems, you can right click on the setup program. Select “run as administrator” to download the installation package
- After successful installation, restart your computer. Select the Phoenix OS from the start menu to boot up the computer with Phoenix OS Android Emulator. It takes a long time to start the Phoenix OS for the first time because it is optimizing local applications. Note:- Phoenix OS gets installed as Dual Boot along with Windows on your Computer
Frequently Asked Questions – Phoenix OS Android Emulator for PC
Which country developed Phoenix OS Android Emulator?
Phoenix OS Android Emulator was developed by a Chinese company – Beijing Chaozhuo Technology Co., Ltd. – previously known as Phoenix Studio till 2014.
Which Android Emulator is better? Phoenix OS or Remix OS?
Development of Remix OS was stopped in 2017, however, Remix OS was a better Android Emulator than Phoenix OS. The latest verison of Phoenix OS was launched in August 2019.
Is Phoenix OS Android Emulator for PC good for gaming?
Yes it is indeed. Phoenix OS Android Emulator can play almost all Android Games as its latest version is based on Android 7.1. Most of the users have reviewed it playing Freefire and PUBG Mobile on it.
Which Android Emulator is best for playing PUBG Mobile on PC?
Can Phoenix OS Android Emulator be installed on both 32-bit and 64-bit PCs?
Yes, in contrast to Remix OS which was only compatible with 64-bit microprocessors Phoenix OS Android Emulator can be installed on both 32-bit and 64-bit chip-sets.
Is Phoenix OS an Android Emulator or Operating System?
Phoenix OS can be called as both an Android Emulator and Operating System as it provides features of both.
Can I install Phoenix OS on my AMD PC?
Yes, you certainly can. Phoenix OS supports a wide range of hardware including AMD A4-6210, AMD Radeon R3, NVIDIA 10-series graphics cards, Intel i7-series CPU and so on.
What is the latest version of Phoenix OS?
The latest version of Phoenix OS is 22.214.171.1244 and it was launched on 28/08/2019.
Is there any Key Binding guide for Phoenix OS for playing PUBG Mobile?
Yes, there is one and you can read the Key Binding guide for Phoenix OS here.
Phoenix OS is an Android based operating system which can be installed, on your laptop or desktop, along with your main operating system such as Windows 10/8/7 to support you run Android games and Android apps on your PC.
Phoenix OS supports different microprocessor architectures such as ARM, Intel, AMD, etc along with 32-bit and 64-bit chip-sets.
Watch below an exclusive interview with the VP of Phoenix OS.