Last Updated on June 6, 2020.
Google Nest WiFi is an Internet Router to streamline your home or home-office broadband connection and Google Home app for PC is a mobile app to set up and control it. It can be used to replace your traditional internet router provided by your telecom operator. Both Google Nest WiFi and its previous version Google WiFi are Mesh network WiFi systems that create a single WiFi network using multiple devices, connected to a mobile data network, called points. All points are connected to each other wirelessly.
What is the benefit of using mesh networks over a traditional one?
In mesh networks your internet strength stays stable even if you are farther from your Internet’s router within your home or home-office premises. However, in a traditional network the more farther you are from the router the more weak is the internet signal. Because, in traditional network your device is connected to a single point only, your internet router provided by the telecom company.
A mesh network provides following benefits:-
- Flexible coverage: You can always add additional points to get better internet or WiFi coverage in places such as staircase, the hallway, etc of your home.
- Self-healing: If one point goes down still you can access the WiFi network of your home using other points.
- Direct path: Data speed is fast as it travels on direct paths such as Point A to Point B. Note:- Your connected device is also one of the points in your mesh network.
How to create a mesh network using Google Nest WiFi?
To create a mesh network using Google Nest WiFi we need to install Google Home app for PC on our Android mobiles or iPhones. So, if you don’t have a mobile phone (this won’t be a thing in 2020 though but still in case sometimes what if our kids want to use the mesh network and we don’t want them to mishandle our mobile phones) then there is no way you can add your laptop or desktop as a point, to manage network, to your mesh network created by Google Nest WiFi.
As a solution, you can use an Android emulator such as Bluestacks or Nox Player which can help you to use Google Home App for PC on your Windows 7/8/10 PC and Mac.
To create a mesh network using Google Nest WiFi is very easy and you can follow this simple guide provided by Google.
If you are a user of a WiFi network and you are interested in creating a streamlined, fast, and stable WiFi connection, then Google Nest WiFi, Google WiFi, and Google Home for PC are the perfect tools for you. That is because they make it easy to set-up and control On-hub and devices that are connected to your mesh network.
Not only that, but the Google Home for PC app has also a feature that will notify you of how many devices are connected to your mesh network, and can create a point for your guests too. Also, you can always keep an eye on how much bandwidth your mesh network has spent so far.
How to run Google Home app for PC (Windows 10/8/7 and Mac)
As you know Google Home is a mobile app thus you can not download, install, and run it on your PC as you can on your android or ios mobile phones. So, to do so you have to use an Android emulator app such as Bluestacks. Follow the easy steps below:-
- Foremost, you have to download the BlueStacks Android emulator and install it on your PC first if you haven’t done so yet.
- Second, once BlueStacks is installed you open it and you will find a Play Store app as built-in.
- Third, you have to search for the Google Home app on Bluestack’s play store. Note:- You will need to connect and log in to your Google Account, before opening the play services inside Bluestacks desktop application.
- Once you have searched the Google Home app then install it.
- Wait for the installation to be completed.
- After the Google Home app for PC is installed successfully it will get displayed on your Bluestacks dashboard.
- Last, open the Google Home app for PC and start using it to create a mesh network using your Windows 10/8/7 PC and Mac.
There are times when we might not have access to a mobile phone but have access to a PC; it could be a) we are working from home and are glued to our PC b) our kids are busy playing games on our mobile phones. Then, how can we access our mobile apps and games on our PC?
Bluestacks is the solution to it and similarly, bluestacks can help us access the Google Home app for PC to connect our home-based mesh network or google mini, etc. I hope this mini-guide is helpful to you in helping you install the Google Home app for PC whether it is your desktop / laptop running Windows 10/8/7/XP, MacOS, or Linux Ubuntu. However, if you have any issues with these steps, then feel free to comment.